Camp Grilled Panini
This my camp version of the classic Panini.
The Panini is a grilled pressed hot sandwich popular in cafe’s.
To press the sandwich heat two cast iron pans that will either sit inside one another or flip the larger pan upside down on the grill and place a weight (such as a brick or a stone) in the upper pan or press down on the pan with a stick. Place the completed sandwich in between the to pans.
- 2 slices per sandwich of Thick Italian bread
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh (or sliced) mozzarella cheese
- Fresh thick sliced Tomato
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Build the sandwich- layer the slices of Tomato, Cheese and Basil between the bread slices.
- Brush Extra Virgin Olive Oil on both of the outside slices of the bread
- Place sandwich on your preheated cast iron frying pan
- Place the weighted, preheated pan on top of the sandwich and press
- Remove from heat when cheese is melted and bread is grilled to your liking