This is a great side dish that would work well with any main dish from Steak and chicken to hotdogs and kielbasa. This cabbage side can be a vegetarian dish, unless you add the recommended amount of my favorite meat candy… Bacon. Also try replacing the butter with extra virgin olive oil.
- 1/2 head cabbage, cut into about 1/2″ -1″ thick strips or wedges
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh bacon bits
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Place the cabbage slices on sheets of aluminum foil.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce over each cabbage slice.
- Add a table spoon of butter or 2 table spoons of olive oil to the top of the cabbage.
- Add Bacon and Pepper the cabbage to taste.
- Fold the foil to make a sealed pouch around the cabbage.
- Put the cabbage pouch onto your preheated grill and cook till tender. (approximately 15-20 min.)