Leftover Chili Omelette
A common meal to have at camp is chili. If you are like me, you make too much chili for dinner and have a lot left over. Well, what do you do with that leftover chili? Why not use it to make breakfast!
Try this Chili Omelette the next time you have leftovers!
- Leftover Chili
- 3 Large Eggs
- Shredded cheese
- Veggies – Avocado, Tomato, Onion, Chives, Sweet or Hot Peppers
- Sour Creme
- Lightly oil a seasoned cast iron skillet over your campfires grill grate.
- Heat leftover chili over the campfire
- Crack in and scramble 3 large eggs into the skillet and spread thinly.
- Once eggs are firm, transfer them to a plate.
- Drop a large spoonful or two of chili in the center of your eggs top with cheese and some veggies
- Roll the eggs around the chili
- Add fresh cut veggies to the plate and top with shredded cheese
- Don’t forget a plop of sour creme!